Why Visit Kelowna?
Beautiful Kelowna, B.C.
- Kelowna is a world-class tourist destination, situated in the heart of the Okanagan Valley in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. It is the largest city located on beautiful Okanagan Lake and is virtually a recreational “Disneyland” and an adult “playground”.
- Surrounded by mountains, a number of pristine lakes and forests filled with pine trees, with orchards and vineyards everywhere you look!
- Kelowna named one of Canada’s Top 10 Best Looking Cities.
- From sailing to float plane tours, waterslides and fishing charters, parasailing adventures to horseback riding, there is always plenty of fun things to do in Kelowna and the Okanagan Valley.
The “Hawaii” of Canada!
- Sunny and warm comfortable climate (not humid)
- Often referred to as the “Napa” or “Sonoma” of the North!
- Named in Canada’s 10 Best Looking Cities by MSN Travel
- Named in the Top 10 for Best Food & Wine Destination in Canada by Trip Advisor’s Traveller’s Choice
- Named #1 in the Top 10 Wine Destinations of the World by Viator’s Travel Blog
- Home to award winning wineries & world class golf courses
- Bordering beautiful Kalamalka & Okanagan Lakes
- An easy scenic drive from Washington, B.C. & Alberta
- Minutes from the Kelowna International Airport
World Class Golf Courses
The Okanagan Valley is home to about 40 golf courses, with Kelowna offering 14 quality golf courses and no wonder it is being touted as one of Canada’s newest golf destinations. With an average of 2,000 hours of sun every year, the Okanagan offers one of the longest, driest golf seasons in Canada.
Award Winning Wineries
The Okanagan Valley is a premier wine growing region visited by many visitors to Kelowna, British Columbia every year. There are now more than two dozen wineries located in and around Kelowna and over 60 are located in the Okanagan Valley region. Named the #1 Wine Destination in the World.
TripAdvisor’s ‘Top 10 Food & Wine Destinations’
The Okanagan Valley made it into the Top 10 Food & Wine Destinations in Canada, as selected in TripAdvisor’s 2011 Travellers’ Choice Awards competition. TripAdvisor’s ‘Top 10’ write-up notes that, “Located on the sunny Lake Okanagan, Okanagan Valley offers relaxation and outdoor fun. What’s the perfect complement to this laid-back lifestyle? Amazing wine. Local wineries have been perfecting their craft since the 1800s. Don’t worry if you’re not a wine zealot – tasting tours here are fun for everyone from newbies to connoisseurs”